Welcome to the 70th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 21st and November 28th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime
. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- dYdX was recently made aware of an exploit with a new contract, and while no funds are lost, users who have set allowance to deposit funds to trade.dydx.exchange must complete recovery steps before using their wallet again.
- A bug on OlympusDAO’s part allowed a user to buy $1.43M in $OHM for just 50K USD.
- The EU recently proposed a regulatory framework for crypto-assets, in which the EU holds a bigger regulatory position for EU citizens, and will encourage innovation but crack down upon unregulated stablecoins, shady projects, and unprofessional exchanges.
Pantera Capital started up a new $600M crypto fund, with 75% of the contributions coming from institutional investors.
Recently ConstitutionDAO tried to buy a copy of the US Constitution. It ended up becoming a terrible $43M mess, with lots of fighting among DAO members and most donors realising they will have their investment totaled by fees.
- DappRadar, a crypto data firm, announced that they are set to launch their own token. The name of the token is Radar, in an attempt to decentralize their operations.
- Colony recently opened up registration for their token sale of $CLNY, with the actual sale taking place on December 14th, at 12 UTC.
- Krause House, another DAO, aims to buy an NBA team, with them raising their goal of 200 ETH within the first 15 minutes.
- Synthetix recently described how they will implement the second phase of V2x for their protocol, also known as Debt Pool Synthesis.
- Zapper, a dashboard for DeFi, recently celebrated 1M MAUs, along with receiving $10B in transaction volume and 100K twitter followers.
- Gearbox Protocol recently underwent changes, in which contributors suggested things like leveraged stablecoin trading-farming, and generalized leverage.
- Silo Protocol recently conducted its first public token auction on the Gnosis platform, with the main goal being to raise protocol-owned liquidity for Silo’s DAO.
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 71st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋