Welcome to the 69th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 14th and November 21st, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime
. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Paradigm recently launched its new $2.5B venture fund. The fund is aimed at early crypto entrepreneurs and communities.
Binance has recently finished Arbitrum One integration, and has also opened L2 Ethereum deposits.
Coinbase is reportedly looking at supporting third-party DeFi dApps on its platform, according to its CFO.
- MetaMask has recently surpassed 21M monthly active users.
Maple Finance has launched the first DeFi syndicated loan, which is going to Alameda Research.
Saddle has recently announced governance token $SDL, which will be non-transferrable for 3-12 months. After 3 months, the governance may vote to enable transfers, and after 12, anyone can enable transfers.
ConsenSys has recently raised $200M, with HSBC and Third Point being the lead investors.
StarkWare, a Ethereum L2 dev, raised $50M in Series C funding, and the company is now valued at $2B.
Spectral recently raised $6.75M in funding, with a goal of building a decentralized credit bureau.
- Alex, a project which aims to be a one-stop platform for fixed-rate bitcoin lending, raised $5.8M in funding.
- Snapshot, a popular DAO governance tool, recently raised $4M.
- Mem Protocol, a startup which wants to make a Web3 version of Quora, raised $3.1M in funding. The lead investor is a16z.
- Pawnfi.com, a project which wants to build and launch the first liquidity protocol for non-standard assets, raised $3M.
- Cypher, a protocol which wants to become an influential place for pre-launch price discovery, recently raised $2.1M. Their traditional futures market is on Solana.
- Polysynth, a cross-chain protocol aimed at trading advanced DeFi projects, raised $1.5M in seed funding.
Coinbase listed $ALCX, $ENS, $GALA, $GYEN, and $POWR for their platform on the 16th of November.
💱 DEX Report
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💎 NFT News
- NFTfi, a South-African project which hopes to allow users to use their NFTs as collateral for loans, raised $5M in funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 70th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋