Welcome to the 67th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 31st and November 7th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime
. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
bZx, a DeFi lending protocol, was recently exploited again for roughly $55M. Team already published Preliminary Post Mortem
- DeFi exploits so far for this year total around $680M so far, with more than 70 major exploits across many blockchains.
Aave has recently announced V3, with the main improvements being the introduction of L2-specific features, more community contribution, risk management improvements, and more.
- Wrapped Ripple wXRP is to launch on the Ethereum blockchain in December.
- Matt Huang, a Paradigm co-founder, recently joined the board of directors for Stripe.
- ConsenSys AG Shareholders are readying legal action over their share valuation, with the main issue being the valuation of key pillars of the Ethereum ecosystem like MetaMask and Infura.
- A new implementation of Etherscan has been announced by the name of SnowTrace, which is a blockchain explorer for the Avalanche.
- ENS Protocol has recently decentralized governance for themselves, and is also accepting applications for its DAO delegates and airdropping $ENS tokens.
The Indexed Finance DAO voted between October 27th and November 2nd on the plans for compensation of the exploit.
- Spruce, a decentralized identity startup, raised $7.5M, with the round being co-led by Ethereal Ventures, and Electric Capital.
- Tempus, a protocol which allows users to re-allocate the risk of interest rate fluctuations, recently raised $4M in strategic funding.
Avalanche has launched a fresh new $220M investment fund, with the goal of attracting developers to the Avalanche blockchain.
💱 DEX Report
💵 State of the Stablecoins
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 68th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋