Welcome to the 105th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 31st and August 7th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Solana’s Slope wallet users recently suffered an exploit, with at least 8K wallets hacked and somewhere around $5M stolen.
- Hashed, a VC firm, confirmed that they lost more than $3B in the Luna crash.
- Reportedly, vulnerabilities in cross-chain bridges are emerging as the top security risk.
- Aave proposed to freeze the Aave V3 Fantom market, aiming to allow users to settle their debts and withdraw but block further deposits and loans on that market.
- Uniswap also performed a temperature check to create the Uniswap Foundation.
- New Order DAO announced a startup accelerator program, aiming to fund and help builders.
- We did an interview recently with Index Coop, and how they’ve launched a DAO to democratize access to complex crypto strategies.
- Lattice Capital secured $60M in funding, with the money going towards their second crypto fund.
- Messari, a crypto intel firm acquired Web3’s version of Crunchbase, named Dove Metrics, recently
- Coherent, a data startup founded by a former Coinbase employee, closed a $4.5M funding round.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 106th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋