Welcome to the 92nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 1st and May 8th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- There have been $1.6B in DeFi exploits so far this year.
- A typo moved $36M in seized $JUNO tokens to a wallet that nobody knows and can access.
- The SEC added 20 more units to their enforcement of crypto regulations.
- The US treasury has issued the first-ever sanctions against a virtual currency mixer.
- The US has also turned its attention towards regulating stablecoins, and aims to bring them into the traditional financial system.
- California’s governor signed an executive order to push the growth of Web3 innovation and jobs forward.
- ETH Barcelona has been announced for July 6-8, which is the first ETH conference in Spain.
- Gnosis announced Safe Guardians, which are people who will actively and positively contribute to the ecosystem.
- Covenant Protocol was recently announced, which aims to enable smart and deterministic payments for trustless KPI-based payouts of vote incentives.
- Maple recently shared their growth, and announced upcoming changes to their tokenomics.
- Hop also recently announced their own DAO for their product.
- The BAYC team raised $285M in funding, alongside other NFTs, which ended up clogging Ethereum network.
- Amberdata closed $30M in funding, aiming to accelerate DeFi data delivery.
- Decrypt raised $10M in funding, with the company bearing a $50M valuation.
- Syndicate closed a $6M funding round, aiming to grow their decentralized asset management program.
- Team DAO secured $5M in Series A funding, with the round co-led by Krust Universe and Animoca Brands.
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 93rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋