Welcome to the 88th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 3rd and April 10th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Convex Finance and OpenZeppelin uncovered a rug pull exploit that could’ve cost $15B.
- Gensler of the SEC has called for watchdogs to collab on crypto oversight.
- Wyre is reportedly being acquired by Bolt for $1.5B.
- Yearn is helping the adoption of the yield bearing ERC-4626 token standard.
- Robinhood has released a crypto wallet to 2M users, while also planning to integrate with the Bitcoin lightning network.
- Pirex announced integration with ERC-4626, bringing a bucket load of new features.
- Element talked about their DAO governance proposal, and the launch.
- Dodo also had a discussion about DIP-13, a governance framework update for their DAO.
- Silo recently released their tokenomics.
- Perpetual also announced their V2 tokenomics.
- NEAR closed a $350M funding round, their second of this size this year.
- Binance.US secured over $200M in funding, holding a $4.5B valuation.
- Lightning Labs closed a $70M funding round to aid their goal of bitcoinizing the Dollar.
- Parallel Finance has raised $5M in Series B funding, and is looking to get up to $60M.
- Boba Finance closed a $45M Series A funding round.
- Leap held a $3.2M private sale, with Pantera Capital and CoinFund co-leading the round.
- Noox raised $2M in funding, with their goal of building on-chain reputation with Soulbound NFTs.
- Conic Finance announced a $400K community raise.
- Trisolaris DAO raised an undisclosed amount in strategic funding, with the lead investor being Electric Capital.
💱 DEX Report
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 89th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋