I also added the beginnings of the inventory system. You can click the inventory bag to see the items you have on-hand.
Lastly, I forgot to show the day/night transition last week. You can see it in the video - sleeping rolls the day over, which is where things happen.
Actual changes aside, I ran into a lot of technical hurdles this week:
- Getting the right icon to show, and being able to dig dirt, proved surprisingly difficult and required multiple attempts
- I tweaked the buttons to be uglier, but smaller, they were just too huge with the previous skins
- I struggled with pixel art for crops, which is not done yet (and so, not visible yet)
- I ended up rewriting the save-game system twice because it kept crashing and wasn’t easy to access save data
Overall, it proved a very frustrating week, albeit you can see the slow, steady progress. The plan for next week includes inshaAllah (God willing) finishing farming:
- Starting the game with five carrot seeds
- Being able to plant, water, and see them grow, and harvest them
- Keeping track of all the player changes to the world so they persist
Until next week, take care, and stay safe out there!
P.S. Frontier Planet is the current work-in-progress name, what do you think of it?