I may open a can of worms with this and may need to make a deeper blog post on each, but regardless, I’m tossing these out there to all of you first.
10 Laws of Small Business SaaS Apps
- There is not a list of top apps. There are only smaller lists of possible apps that could be a good fit for a specific small business.
- There is no app that does everything.
- The right app today, may not be the right app tomorrow.
- The source of truth will be spread across many apps.
- Accountants: You can not possibly learn all the apps. Pick a niche and learn the apps needed for that niche.
- Developers: If you think your app works for every Small Business niche you are wrong.
- Small Business Owners: If your accountant says you need to be on QuickBooks Desktop, they haven’t explored the numerous apps that when added to QuickBooks Online are a way better solution.
- Apps keep small business owners and their employees out of the accounting software, which is returning to it’s natural home, the domain of the accountant/bookkeepers.
- Using the right app can save time, time is money, justifying the cost of the app.
- It’s Software as a Service (SaaS). Service is all that matters.
- Commodity apps will get cheaper in price, niche apps will increase prices.
- It’s not a conversion from desktop, it’s an upgrade to a better cloud ecosystem of solutions.