Being Creative is grossly misunderstood in my opinion, it’s pictured as that holy grail meant for some maniacally talented nerds, backed up by the forces of inspiration while the rest of us sit to consume the birthings of their genius creation. But I bet to say there’s a creative side to everyone that cries out for expression day by day, it’s the feeling of wanting to do something outside of your daily circular routine.
The idea is making out time to get your hands dirty on your object of obsession that’s novel and valuable to your immediate environment to start with, you know you could do a better job than the folks you watch on youtube but you never sat in front of your camera, do it! your 9 am - 5 pm notwithstanding, create a blog, share your depth, get it out there and let the world benefit from you.
This was why I ventured into creating a newsletter, the Craftsmen Journal
- To help you find your Craft
- To provide insights to help you stay consistent & relevant
- To walk you through creating one of the best Pieces the world has ever seen by pointing you to great resource who has done it.
Here are some key takeaway
- Creativity is a combination of Novelty & Quality, so as your craft is both Novel and Valuable, you’re on the creative lane.
- Aspiring creators perceive Imitation as a dirty act while Great creators of all time know creativity to be a social construct, which means everything that’s come before you is part of how people internalize & judge what is said to be creativity hence, build on the best in your world.
…can go on and on, listen to the full interview, you’ll learn a ton.