Do you enjoy writing about chaos magick, strange experiences, rituals, occult fiction, etc.? If so, we’re looking for you!
stands to become the #1 place for the CM community at large to come together and celebrate the culture we love. It’ll be the first stop whenever someone is curious and a great place to build community.
With that in mind, it’ll be a perfect place to get your voice heard and establish your bonafides! We’re looking for writers from all backgrounds to come on board and spread the gospel of the Chaote!
Just the FAQs:
Do you pay anything? As of right now, no. Outside of that beloved exposure and free gifts we can sometimes send.
Do I keep the rights of my work? Yes, absolutely! Your work is your work. You can use it in whatever manner you wish. All we ask is that if we published the piece first, you give us that credit.
Do I get a say in what I write? Yes, as long as it fits into what we’re trying to accomplish. We have editors that will review the submissions and let you know.
What is our theme?
We primarily focused our site on the practice and culture of chaos magick. As long as it fits in from that practical or cultural standard, we will consider it for publication.
Please note that sending pages long diatribes will cause an email to hit the trash. (Seriously, publish an e-book or something.) If we want that style of writing, we’ll reach out to you to do a series.
- We accept about 5 - 10 articles per month.
- 1,500 words or fewer. (Our opinion is that less is more.)
- We will publish articles via the blog, newsletters, or our digital/print publications.
- Contributors will receive digital copies of all publications in which their work appears.
- Contributors will receive full credit for their works.
- Contributors retain all printing rights for their works. (If you want them removed from the site, simply ask.)
What topics are we looking for?
That runs the gamut, but here are some suggestions:
- Experiences you’ve had with CM specifically
- CM experimentation / philosophy
- CM occulture
- Occult thoughts / experiences / articles
- General Occulture
- CM related Art, Music, or Writing
- Funny / Relatable tales of daily occult life
- Useful how-tos that would apply to the vibe and audience we strive to cultivate
For previously published material which you may want to submit, you must own full rights to republish. You’ll also want to include the link to the original source if it still exists.
Format for Queries.
Got an idea, but you’re not sure where it fits in? Pitch it in a query to us!
Subject: CM.com Query / [Byline Name]
Body should include:
- Short intro
- A short summary of your idea. (SHORT summary means 1 to 2 short paragraphs)
- What format you want to do the project in
Format for Submissions.
Please ensure all submissions are properly formatted. It makes my life easier and more likely to pay you instead of trashing your email.
Subject: CM.com Submission / [Byline Name] / [Article Name]
Body should include:
- Article Title
- Byline Name (the name you want attached as writing the article)
- Number of words (must not exceed 1500)
- Brief Summary in one sentence.
- Article Contents
DO NOT ATTACH DOCUMENTS TO THE EMAIL OR PROVIDE LINKS. Entire submission MUST be in the email’s body. If you send something with an attachment, someone will summarily delete it.
Where do I send it?