Along with the launches, each edition, I want to select one of the people who shipped something awesome and do a text interview so you can all learn about their story and what they are building. Today’s feature is on Erik Rowell, co-founder and CTO of UIflow.
What is the one line description of what your startup offers?
- We are building a no-code platform that enables enterprises to build software at the speed of thought
What is the problem/pain point you are solving?
- Every company grows to a certain size in which a horizontal UI platform layer is needed in order to streamline application development, while also enabling non-technical team members. Rather than spending years and millions of dollars building out a custom solution (which nearly every company does today), Uiflow productizes this horizontal UI platform layer so that every company can become a software company.
Who’s your ideal customer?
- Our ideal customer is made up of development teams who need to build applications on top of existing APIs, where security, scalability, custom UI components, brand, and collaboration are important. Uiflow is designed for engineers, designers, product managers, and quality assurance team members.
What’s a trend/paradigm shift in the world that has enabled your startup?
- No-code capabilities are starting to penetrate enterprises, and the demand for software development is outpacing the number of software engineers in the world. In order to keep up, enterprises are looking to enable non-technical team members to build software. Workflow, event-based, and internal application needs are being served by no-code capabilities today, but more sophisticated consumer-facing software is not.
Where can people join/sign up for your product?
- We are launching our closed self-serve product in June. Go to our homepage at https://www.uiflow.com to sign up for access.
Any thoughts on the build in public movement?
- Although we have largely been in stealth until now, we are looking forward to engaging with the community more and more throughout our journey. We believe that no-code is the next natural evolutionary step in the story of software development, and we are thrilled to be a part of it. We want every person on earth to be able to express themselves through software.