WordPress 6.0 “Arturo” is here!
I love software updates. Whether it’s WordPress or a Mac app, it’s fun and exciting to test new features and watch things improve over time. Glad to finally see performance taking more of a front row. It’s needed for WordPress to continue to scale and grab market share.
Here are a few things I like about the WordPress 6.0 update:
- Performance increase for sites with large user counts (source).
- New additions to the WordPress Caching API (source).
- Performance improvements to taxonomy term queries (source).
- New Webfonts API to more easily load custom fonts locally (source).
- Now possible to select partial text across multiple blocks. Finally! 😅
- Better theme export: now includes edits made to your templates and styles (source).
- Global styles switching with a single click (source).
If you want a more in-depth overview, I recommend checking out Carlo’s post on what’s new in WordPress 6.0
. And remember to take a backup before updating your sites.