Your big thoughts
I thought it would be worth sharing some of my conclusions from this newsletter’s first subscriber survey, which ran three weeks ago.
I was pleased to see it come out with an excellent net promoter score (NPS) of 73, although the kind of people who took the time to fill in the survey are, I suppose, the kind of people more likely to score it highly.
NPS isn’t exactly that useful a measure for a newsletter (subscriptions, unsubscriptions, open rates, and paid memberships are far more useful), but I was still curious to see what it would say.
Another revealing answer was how many people wanted a change to the current seven-days-a-week schedule. I offered a range of alternatives, but the results were almost as close as the Brexit vote.
52.8% of subscribers wanted to leave the current system and shift to Monday-Friday only publishing, while 47.2% wanted the current schedule to remain.
Given the closeness of the vote, I’m not going to go all ‘will of the people’ on you and bulldozer two of weekly editions. However, I regularly hear people say seven days is too many (it’s the main reason given for unsubscribing) so from this weekend, we’ll shift to just a Saturday edition. Everyone can have a break on Sundays, unless something huge happens that I absolutely have to share. Weekday editions will be unchanged.
Finally, I thought I’d share some of the ideas you had for things to add to newsletter. I can’t necessarily use them all, but I’m taking them all on board for possible new features. Thanks to you all!
- Maybe opportunities in tech. They could be interesting jobs, ICOs announcements, product testing opportunities, etc
- Free giveaways, free merch, live chat community
- A monthly podcast or exclusive interview with someone from the world of tech
- Maybe you can double the daily content (I am sure it is already taking your time)
- Might sound weird, but an API would be handy. We would happily add BigRev content to our team collaboration app!