Okay, you probably think this is strange, but since this is the last newsletter before Christmas, I already would like to wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and relaxing holiday season, and share some of my best tips for making it so! 😃
The holidays are a fun and busy season full of extra errands, travel and entertaining. If you and your family want to make the most of these special times together, there are plenty of natural and effective ways to keep your energy levels up.
1. Avoid big meals. Your body has to work harder to digest those huge holiday dinners. Try to eat more slowly and limit your portions.
2. Reach for healthy snacks. Complex carbohydrates will give you energy fast. Protein provides fuel for the longer term. Make a salad of walnuts and winter greens.
3. Eat more fiber. Foods rich in fiber help your body break down carbohydrates at a steadier pace over a longer time. That gives you more stamina. Feast on whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
4. Stay hydrated. Munch on foods that are high in water content like celery sticks and grapefruit. Drink plenty of water too. Your blood will flow more easily, transporting the oxygen and nutrients your cells need.
5. Eat breakfast. You’re bound to feel fatigued unless you refuel in the morning. A healthy breakfast will also make it easier to resist fattening snacks or overeating at later meals.
6. Take a nap. Brief naps of 20 minutes or less will help you recharge. Just closing your eyes for a few minutes can also be refreshing.
7. Watch out for extra caffeine. Those chocolates and peppermint-flavored coffee drinks may put you over your limit for caffeine. If they’re keeping you up at night, cut back.
8. Drink alcohol in moderation. A cocktail may help you fall asleep faster but it interferes with the quality of your sleep. Try to avoid any alcohol within a few hours of bedtime.
9. Place a curfew on online shopping. You can shop for gifts all night on the Internet but you’ll feel the effects the next day. Turn the computer off a couple of hours before retiring to adjust your mind and body after the mental stimulation and lighted screen.
10. Stick to a regular schedule. Holiday parties and travel may interrupt your daily routines. As much as possible, getting up and going to bed at the same time each day will help you stay in top shape.
Love, peace, joy, and cheers,