💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Lawmakers in the U.K. have voted to delay Brexit past the upcoming March 29 deadline.🤔
North Korea may suspend talks with the U.S., according to the country’s vice foreign minister. Kim Jong-un will soon decide whether to resume nuclear tests.
- In a rebuke to Trump, the Senate - including 12 Republicans - voted to pass legislation that would reverse his national emergency declaration.
The history of the Irish Border: From Plantation to Brexit. 🍀
- Riding around with Beto O’Rourke as he comes to grips with a presidential run.
How lobbying has changed in Trump’s Washington.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Perpetuity (per·pe·tu·i·ty) n.pl.
1. Time without end; eternity.
2. The quality or condition of being perpetual. E.g. “The terms of the agreement remain in effect in perpetuity.”
❔ Did You Know:
Fact: Did you know lemons contain more sugar than strawberries? 🍋🍓
On this day in history: March 17, 1756 - St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated in New York City for the first time. The event took place at the Crown and Thistle Tavern. 🍀
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Super interesting PBS documentary concerning the disparity between those who have advanced technology and those who still live primitively. Watch it here. 🎦
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell: The 60 Minutes interview.
- Bloomberg Opinion columnist Barry Ritholtz interviews Matthew Granade, chief market intelligence officer at Point72 Asset Management. Listen here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The time was the 1980s. The place was Wall Street. This book is the culmination of those heady, frenzied years - a behind-the-scenes look at a unique and turbulent time in American business.
- What are the consequences if the people given control over our government have no idea how it works?
- NYT Bestseller! From the longtime CEO and chairman of Starbucks, a bold, dramatic work about the new responsibilities that leaders, businesses, and citizens share in American society today—as viewed through the intimate lens of one man’s life and work.
👌 Feel Good Sunday:
🐦 One Liners:
- “My broker and I are working on a retirement plan. Unfortunately, it’s his!” 🤣