The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -5.6% to 25,606. S&P 500 -4.8% to 3,041. Nasdaq -2.3% to 9,589. Russell 2000 -7.9% to 1,379. CBOE Volatility Index +47.2% to 36.09.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -3.9%. Utilities -4.1%. Financials -12.%. Telecom -3.7%. Healthcare -6.2%. Industrials -9.8%. Information Technology -3.3%. Materials -9.8%. Energy -13.4%. Consumer Discretionary -3.9%.
London -5.9% to 6,105. France -6.9% to 4,839. Germany -7.% to 11,949. Japan -2.4% to 22,305. China -0.4% to 2,920. Hong Kong -1.9% to 24,301. India -1.5% to 33,781.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -7.8% to $36.47/bbl. Gold +3.3% to $1,739./oz. Natural Gas -2.1% to 1.744. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.8% to 138.63.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.27%. USD/JPY -2.01%. GBP/USD -1.07%. Bitcoin -2.%. Litecoin -4.2%. Ethereum -1.1%. Ripple -4.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Wins Finance Holdings (NASDAQ:WINS) +401%. Immuron (NASDAQ:IMRN) +313%. Wah Fu Education Group (NASDAQ:WAFU) +172%. Celldex Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CLDX) +153%. DPW Holdings (NYSEMKT:DPW) +129%.
Top Stock Losers
MMTec (NASDAQ:MTC) -54%. Protara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TARA) -39%. Allied Esports Entertainment (NASDAQ:AESE) -33%. Contura Energy (NYSE:CTRA) -32%. Ekso Bionics Holdings (NASDAQ:EKSO) -31%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” - Stephen Covey
📖 Word Of The Week:
A lot and Alot:
Alot is a common misspelling of a lot. A lot should always be spelled as two words. The meaning of a lot depends on the context. Usually, it means “many” or “to a great extent.”
❔ Did You Know:
- You’d think that as one of the world’s wealthiest people, Bill Gates would be seeing green. But in fact, he can’t. The billionaire is color-blind.
- Gates has mastered a number of programming languages, but he only speaks one human language—English. Despite having a hand in charitable endeavors across the globe, Gates has said that not learning to speak any languages other than his native English is one of his biggest regrets.
- Bill Gates wasn’t the only one to cash in on Microsoft’s success. When the company went public in 1986, the stock price skyrocketed and Bill was only one of 12,000 millionaires created by the company’s success.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 Summer reads for 2020, recommended by Bill Gates:
- ’The Choice’ by Dr. Edith Eva Eger
- ’Cloud Atlas’ by David Mitchell
- ’The Ride of a Lifetime’ by Robert Iger
- ’The Great Influenza’ by John M. Barry
- ’Good Economics for Hard Times’ by Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo
🤣 One Liners:
@TigNotaro: The problem with Netflix recommendations is they assume I liked a show just because I watched 13 hours of it.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Psychedelics and Our Sense of Self: Implications for the Treatment of Depression
June 30, 2020 - 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm CEST