💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -0.8% to 26,470. S&P 500 -0.3% to 3,216. Nasdaq -1.3% to 10,363. Russell 2000 -0.3% to 1,468. CBOE Volatility Index +0.6% to 25.84.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.8%. Utilities +0.1%. Financials +1.3%. Telecom -1.1%. Healthcare -0.7%. Industrials -0.2%. Information Technology -1.5%. Materials +0.5%. Energy +2.1%. Consumer Discretionary +1.3%.
London -2.7% to 6,124. France -2.2% to 4,956. Germany -0.6% to 12,838. Japan +0.2% to 22,752. China -0.5% to 3,197. Hong Kong -1.5% to 24,705. India +3.% to 38,129.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.9% to $41.34/bbl. Gold +5.% to $1,900./oz. Natural Gas +4.5% to 1.796. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 139.55.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +2.%. USD/JPY -0.81%. GBP/USD +1.8%. Bitcoin +4.4%. Litecoin +9.5%. Ethereum +20.%. Ripple +3.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Milestone Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MIST) +133%. Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ:GNCA) +111%. Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABUS) +107%. Immuron (NASDAQ:IMRN) +102%. Mexco Energy (NYSEMKT:MXC) +99%.
Top Stock Losers
Ashford Hospitality Trust (NYSE:AHT) -40%. Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) -39%. Mogu ADR (NYSE:MOGU) -32%. WiMi Hologram Cloud (NASDAQ:WIMI) -31%. YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ:YRCW) -31%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.”– Ted Williams
📖 Word Of The Week:
Egregious adj. Conspicuously bad or offensive. “The judge’s conduct was egregious.”
❔ Did You Know:
- The 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent 100 ways to cook an egg.🥚👩🍳👨🍳 Yes, that tall, pleated white hat that chefs wear — technically called a toque — has 100 folds for a reason! The pleats used to signify a chef’s level of experience, like the number of ways he or she knew how to prepare eggs.
- When we think of apples we think red, but when we think of apple flavored we think green.🍎🍏
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Psychedelics and Mental Health: Harnessing the potential for change to end suffering. (fascinating advancements)🍄🔬👩⚕️
- Dr. Matthew W. Johnson, one of the the world’s most published psychedelic medicine researchers and associate director of the renowned Johns Hopkins Psychedelic Research Unit.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 Books Elon Musk Thinks You Should Read:
🤣 One Liners:
I asked the doctor doing my prostate exam where I should put my pants. “Next to mine” was not the answer I was expecting…
📆 Upcoming Events:
Ask Jim: Live Q&A Webinar
- An exclusive Q&A webinar with the Master Investor himself, Jim Mellon.
- Thursday July 30th, 1PM BST. Online.
- More information and registration HERE.