In the last 48 hours, we spoke with every partner of the Summit here in Vilnius about the feasibility of re-scheduling the event to Q3 2020.
Assuming that the world spends the spring and the summer getting over the worst of the pandemics, we should be in the position of holding the Summit at the expected quality (and attendance) level in mid October or early November.
From the operational standpoint, we’ve got all the materials ready – from the attendee boxes and all the wonderful items prepared by the event’s sponsors for each attendee to branded ceramic cups that we’ll use to serve espressos during the sessions (handmade herein Vilnius, by the way!), – and all of these will survive the re-scheduling without any issues whatsoever.
We also have a huge supply of magnums of white and red wines and champagne, as well as cases of rosé, sake and beer, and most of this alcohol will only get better with a but of ageing (we use a temperature-controlled storage). The few things that we keep working on – Summit notebooks as well as Attendee Books – are currently in the process of being finished, and will go to print in a few weeks.
What’s important for us is to find a date that works for ( A ) the Palace (the venue) ( B ) the hotels (PACAI, Kempinski, VILNIA, Artagonist, Shakespeare) ( C ) most of the attendees.
Currently, we’re looking at November 5-6, 2020 based on the hotels being pretty much booked up during the earlier weeks. However, as the situation evolves, we’re likely to see the bookings for October change as well – and if this happens, then the Palace has another opening on October 15-16, 2020.
Our goal is to find the dates that would allow us to transfer all of the current bookings for late April/early May to the new dates without any problems, which would save everyone a ton of hassle, and November 5-6, 2020 would allow us exactly that.