WHAT IS ON THE TOP OF My Todo List..??
During the week, I came across a very short but fantastic read from Paul Graham called “ The Top of My Todo List.
It was in references to one of the famous book ‘ The Top 5 Regrets of Dying’ and they are supposedly : ⤵️
- I wish I had let myself be happier.
- I wish I had not worked so hard.
- I wish I would have kept in touch with my friends more often.
- I wish I had the courage to express my feelings to more often.
- I wish I had the courage to live true to myself and not the life others expected or wanted me to live at all times.
Here is what Paul has to say about these things : 👇
I would like to avoid making these mistakes.But how do you avoid mistakes you make by default?. In ideal condition , you make meaningful implementation of things to avoid default mistakes. But if they happens by default then probably you need to be reminded not to make them. So I inverted the 5 regrets into a 5 commands, which I then put at the top of the file I use as a todo list.
As soon as I read this, I knew , I had to follow this ASAP. So Instantly, I had modified my ‘Mission Board’ page in my favourite productivity app “NOTION”. Here is how “ My Daily Reminders” look to me everyday :👇