Hello and happy August,
Today’s main headlines:
- Record-level investment in Spanish startups in 2022 🤑
- BCN attracting more digital talent than ever before 💡
- Catalan health startup investments beat records at €296M ⛑
Local companies that help you escape the 🔥 hot weather in BCN
“The heat is on, on the street. Inside your head, on every beat”
The lyrics from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack
are a legit recap for this summer’s soaring temps. 🥵 And another heatwave
may be just around the corner. But don’t despair! Barcelona firms are to help out. Here’s a quick overview:
- 😎 OneCoWork: While many companies are still struggling to drag talent that got used to WFH back to the office, OCW makes this easy. Their premium coworking spaces in Barcelona don’t just look great, they also come with top-notch AC to keep you cool and focused this summer.
- 🧊☕ GoodNews: While it’s not, as the name suggests, only a positive news outlet, we still love the kiosk thanks to their iced coffees that are taking BCN by storm.
- 🛫 FlyKube: The travel tech firm (which shattered its revenue record last month) offers you an escape from the heat & humidity. Just be aware that their surprise trips mean you don’t find out your exact destination until 2 days before you take off. The upside: They have a beach surprise pack so you can cool down in the ocean wherever you end up.
- 📦 Glovo: To cool down you need to avoid heat and eat ice cream, but to get an ice cream you need to brave the heat – a classic Catch-22. The way out? Just order a Glovo delivery!
- 👟 Tropicfeel: They might be known for their specialist travel gear like the award-winning Shell backpack, but their UV-blocking organic cotton tees and lightweight sneakers (some of which you can swim in!) are just as apt for a hot city summer in the city.
- ⛵ Nautal: What’s better than swimming in the ocean? Swimming in the ocean without being surrounded by thousands of tourists, of course. Beat the crowds by renting a boat with Nautal and sail away.