2. Mistakes You Should Never Make When Starting a New Software Developer Role
Are you about to start a new job?
If so, by now, I’m sure at least some of that initial excitement of being offered the job has worn off and is starting to be replaced by feelings of nervousness or anxiety.
Am I right?
Well, you’re not alone.
Even for the most confident of Developers, starting a new job can be hugely nerve-wracking, and that’s completely normal.
But be careful, you could find yourself unknowingly making the kind of mistakes.
1. Don’t blow off orientation
2. Saying “I know” too much
3. Being rude with technology
4. Don’t expect hand-holding
5. Don’t try to change things
6. Don’t be dishonest
7. Not writing things down
8. Turning down happy hour
9. Talking too much about past successes
10. Take Care of Yourself
What I do generally in start 👇
Tip of the day when you start a new Job: “It can be a great idea to casually ask colleagues if they have any advice for getting up to speed, or what they wish they knew when they were starting out.”
Read more in the detailed post here: 👇