The Changelog was quiet for the whole of May, but behind the scenes we’ve been pushing through two epic projects. The first of which is now live on Beta and covers a complete refactoring of our UI.
When you build a piece of software from scratch, you naturally hit a point where you transition from working on the pieces to working on the whole. And when you get to that point, you start seeing how some of those pieces you built first off don’t work so well with those that came at the end.
With our UI, we took weeks to go over all the designs with fresh eyes and an holistic approach, ironing out the inconsistencies, removing redundancies and perfecting those details. We then took the same approach to our code, completely refactoring the frontend to achieve a more maintainable, scalable and optimised codebase that has actually resulted in noticeably improved performance.