We are hiring a Full Time Research Scientist and a Full Time Research Engineer
The NYU Center for Responsible AI (NYU R/AI) is looking for a full time research engineer to join our growing interdisciplinary team and engage in the Center’s applied research and educational activities. This position is for 1 year, with an opportunity to renew subject to availability of funds. The research engineer will contribute to the ecosystem of responsible data science and AI tools and libraries, amplifying the external impact of R/AI’s research. They will also work closely with NYU R/AI director, Prof. Julia Stoyanovich, to develop instructional materials, including labs and programming assignments, for responsible data science and AI curricula, see https://dataresponsibly.github.io/courses/ for details. In addition to participating in ongoing projects, the research engineer will enjoy the intellectual freedom to engage in research activities of their choice, within the scope of R/AI’s broad responsible data science and AI agenda.
- MS in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field;
- Strong software development skills, including Python and data engineering expertise;
- Teaching or tutoring experience (e.g., as a teaching assistant or section leader).
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field;
- Demonstrated technical familiarity with responsible data science and AI topics;
- Experience in developing and maintaining open source software.
Interested candidates should submit their application at https://apply.interfolio.com/99153
. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. For full consideration, submit your application by January 1, 2022.