When we started 6prog the mission was really simple, and it hasn’t really changed.
Make the engagement between client and supplier cheaper and faster.
We have tripped over a few incidental minor benefits and one biggie though.
The small ones:
- transparency : knowing what the fees are without the dance (sorry ‘value play’) being made by the agency/consultancy
- reducing repetition : met someone you want to work with in future - connect
- GDPR : No one needs to harvest anything - and shouldn’t
- I started demoing the beta platform and on around half the calls the meetings would turn to the off payroll regs [link] and I would hear comments like - “very clever”, “this is what 1m freelancers are needing”, and “what hasn’t the [pick a freelancing association] done this?”
- Why?Well, 6prog neatly helps businesses to work together. It means substitutes could be used, MOO & MOO, SoW are default, work could be booked in blocks, direction and control are set out by parity of the starting relationship and more pointers towards a non employee based relationship such as no CVs and an easy way to work via proposals.
- Time to get off the perpetual staircase of contract recruitment and innovate your business?
Thanks for reading and especially thanks if you can share with a friend or two.
Have a good week,